Our Employee Benefit Plan Services
Comprehensive Benefit Services, Inc. is uniquely qualified to provide the following services
1. Serve as designated insurance broker of record for your employee benefit programs.
2. Negotiate and place employee benefit plans according to the policies approved by the Board of Directors or company officials.
3. Request and analyze insurance proposals and present the results of such analysis to the appropriate parties.
4. Negotiate all insurance renewals, including meeting directly with insurance company representatives and place insurance as directed.
5. Apprise you of local and national trends and innovative ideas, and recommend new products, programs and services to ensure a competitive benefits plan.
6. Analyze claim experience for all insurance plans as needed.
7. Assist in preparation of documentation for employee communication, including a review of booklets, announcement materials and benefit statements and open enrollment forms, as applicable.
8. Manage carrier/vendor relationships, review carrier service levels and compare to performance guarantees, assist in resolving administrative issues, conduct periodic meetings as necessary.
9 .Assist in COBRA, HIPAA, and any other relevant compliance and reporting to include Summary Plan Descriptions and other Plan Documents.
10. Act as a technical resource and provide periodic updates on legislative developments and emerging trends. Assist with any evolving compliance or mandated changes as necessary.
11. Review and make recommendations regarding various benefit and insurance plans, insurance carriers, or other such services as would benefit you and your employees.
12. Provide open enrollment support, including, but not limited to, developing timeline, assisting with the development of open enrollment materials and coordinating and participating in open enrollment meetings as reasonably requested.
13. Assist with budget projections on future costs of benefit programs.
14. Assist management with changes in employee coverages, claims, or billing issues, terminations, new hires, or any other service changes as needed.
15. Attend meetings of the Board of Directors if requested.
16. Assist in the planning and related services for our client’s employee benefit and retirement programs, plan design education, and making recommendations as needed
17. Advise you of new developments in Federal and State law concerning employee benefit programs on an ongoing basis
18. Review claims experience, claim service, and claim administration to ensure maximum benefit.
19. Determine and recommend the most economical funding methods for the benefit programs while maintaining and assuring high quality and service levels
20. Assist with negotiations with vendors on all issues including those related to premium costs, benefit levels, plan design, administrative fees, administrative services, vendor renewal terms, and special terms and conditions
21. Meet with and provide reports to Human Resources staff and Senior Management, as requested
22. Assist you with the implementation and communication of new programs or changes to existing programs which may include attending and presenting information at employee meetings and senior staff planning meetings
23. Review your COBRA, Section 125 pre-tax plan administration, HRA and HSA administration and make recommendations if needed
24. Prepare bid specifications and solicit proposals from insurance companies which specialize in group insurance plans as needed. identifying the most cost-beneficial package from among the various bidders; following up to finalize agreements reached.
25. Assist with claims administrators and insurance carriers as needed to assist the agency in the resolution of problems associated with the benefit programs
26. Prepare for, provide advice, and present information to the HR Department and senior management
27. Review and provide related advice and assistance on plan documents for regulatory compliance and service agreements.
28. Work professionally and cooperatively with our health plan partners and providers
29. Set and monitor vendor goals and performance, and report findings
30. Identify and monitor potential catastrophic claims
31. Review large claims management activity, and network utilization
32. Provide you with access to our online HR Library to assist your HR department with day to day HR issues.
33. Review and/or update your current employee benefit summary that is provided to your employees for all of your benefits
34. Provide best practices and industry benchmarking information
35. Provide added value staff and plan sponsor communications
(i.e. Retirement Plan Newsletter and our HR and Benefits E-News Letter)