ESG Investing for 401(k) Plan Advisors Certificate Program
Environmental, Social, and Governance 401(k) Certificate
401(k) advisors have the exciting task of helping their participants understand the fundamentals of ESG investments.
NAPA’s ESG(k) Certificate Program will expand a 401(k) advisor’s knowledge of ESG investing, which will allow them to understand how to incorporate ESG investing into their practice. The program will prepare advisors to:
- Speak to clients and prospects related to ESG investments.
- Recognize how fiduciary obligations apply to the analysis of ESG investments.
- Distinguish the principal strategies for incorporating ESG factors into the investment process.
- Demonstrate how investment strategies align with fiduciary duties under ERISA.
- Demonstrate a prudent process in the evaluation of ESG investments.
- Assess material ESG factors in reviewing plan investments.
- Document use of ESG factors in selection of investments.
- Integrate ESG investments into marketing materials.
- Conduct participant and plan-sponsor education for ESG investing.
- Answer participant and plan-sponsor questions about ESG investments, and much more.